Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Where It All Began



     Dr. Seuss is the epitome of imagination inspiration. I held this book for countless hours in my grubby little 3 year old fingers and spent the days reading it over and over.  My mother first thought that I was just looking at pictures and describing what I saw; This wasn't the case. What better way to introduce children to all the great things in the world than with Dr. Seuss. Because of this man, I have been able to come up with creatures that nobody has ever thought of. I've been able to write stories that nobody has ever imagined. I love to read because of this man and, I think that every kid in the world should too.
     With funding being cut for reading programs all across the nation, parents more now than ever, need to spend more time reading to their children, taking them to the library, expose their young and vulnerable minds to great fiction. Inspire them to think on their own, inspire them to create something from nothing. Drive them, and motivate them to become brilliant and imaginative adults. It worked for me. 15 minutes a day is all it takes to get them hooked on books.

2 comments:

  1. This is so true. I grew up reading Dr. Suess and I taught my children how to read with his books. His work stand the test of time. As parents, we can't leave everything for the schools to do! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All children can learn to read with Dr. Seuss. The man was a genius. I agree wholeheartedly: parents, read, read, read to your children. Then encourage them to create their own characters. Great post!

    ReplyDelete