Saturday, January 22, 2011

Week 1.6

After working diligently over the past week to revise my Ping Pong Platypus ms, I have decided to kabosh the whole idea and focus on 1 character. The character with the loudest voice wins, and that is Phyllis. I am settled with who she is, and how she is motivated. I set up my storyboard, eager to tell Phyllis's story, and before I knew it, I had that done and 979 words typed out. I slept on the story, and for once she wasn't screaming at me to wake up and write. I think that if Phyllis is content with the story that I can be too. That's another thing that I'm learning on this journey to my first children's book. If the character is content, then you can be content. I emailed the completed story to Elena at Pippin Properties this morning, not as confident as I was last time, and that is a good thing.

Til my next very brilliant idea.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment